family

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a free scrapbook

Sunday, August 21, 2011

why blog?




Often I even wonder if blogging is worth the time and effort. Why do I do it? Am I out to help and inspire others? Sometimes. Is it an effort to scrapbook and savor the activities my family does together? Sure. Is it worth the time? I believe so.

 Even if no one reads or comments. Even if a thousand other sites are more inspiring, creative, or better photographed & unique... this is MY time to just be. I can be crafty-me, tired-me, happy-energetic bouncing-on-the-world-me.... and it's all okay, because it is my place. 

By having my own place, as public as it may be, a part of my mind is allowed to release guilt. No one is hanging on me right now. No one needs a nose wiped or another drink. Hes tucked into bed. Like I've said before, if I didn't use pieces of this time for renewal, I couldn't function like I need to the next day. Or so I tell myself.

All that to say, guilt is a very motivating force for change. I want to be more. I want to do more. I want to give my son the absolute best of me. So how can I do that, without running myself ragged or falling over drained by noon? I suppose the first step is to establish what the "best of me" actually is. And I believe it's attention. Just good old-fashioned look-you-in-the-eye and smile attention. (It's here that I find the almost unbearable urge to defend myself and talk about how much attention I truly do give my children...don't misunderstand I do pay attention to my son etc. I know i do.



2 comments:

Please feel free to speak your mind hehe